The Patrick B. Mullen Graduate Prize: Call for Submissions
This is a $200 cash award for the best OSU folklore graduate student paper written during the academic year by a graduate student who is actively engaged in the folklore community at OSU, participates in activities of the OSU Center for Folklore Studies and the Folklore Student Association, and takes courses taught by folklore faculty.
- Must be written by current OSU folklore graduate students.
- Must have been written within the last 12 months.
- Must not have been previously published.
- Only one paper submission per student.
- The student must not have been a previous recipient of the Mullen Prize.
- Eligible submissions include papers/essays
- may have been written for a class
- may have been presented for conferences or publication
- may be part of a dissertation or thesis chapters
- may be written specifically for the Mullen Prize
All papers will now be submitted electronically. Submissions should be in MS Word or sent as a pdf file. The submission should have a title page that includes:
- your name
- title of the paper
- a sentence describing what the paper was originally written for
- today's date
Do Not include your name on any of the other pages. All pages (excluding the title page) should include a header that lists the title of the paper and the page number.
Papers should be submitted to Cassie Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 11:59PM on March 30, 2014.
Use the following subject line: "Mullen Prize Submission 2014"