Post-candidacy graduate fellowships for 2014-2015
The Center for Folklore Studies has a small number of one- or two-semester fellowships available for post-candidacy PhD students during the 2014-2015 academic year. The fellowships provide the equivalent of a 50% GA stipend and tuition remission for the period covered and may be used to support fieldwork or dissertation writing. Folklore students in good academic standing who will have passed their candidacy exams by the end of May 2014 are eligible for consideration.
Folklore students are typically defined by:
- pursuing the Graduate Interdisciplinary Specialization in Folklore (where departmental constraints permit) or otherwise logging a significant body of folklore coursework with more than one faculty member.
- membership and active participation in the Folklore Student Association and its conference.
- participation in CFS activities.
- participation in folklore conferences such as the American Folklore Society annual meeting.
To apply for the fellowships, please submit the following materials electronically to Prof. Dorothy Noyes at email@example.com by March 15th:
1. A current cv including the names of your PhD exam and/or dissertation committee.
2. A paragraph explaining your involvement with folklore studies.
3. A two-page statement describing your academic background and dissertation project, explaining what stage of your progress would be supported by a fellowship.
Applications will be evaluated by the core folklore faculty. We expect to announce decisions by March 31st. Awards will be contingent upon successful completion of the candidacy exam by the end of May 2014.