- Collective bibliography (theoretical, literature, etc.)
- Shared vocabulary and toolkit/methods
- Readings + Skype discussions with authors (low budget)
- Promotional materials: buttons, maps
- Public folklore resources--CityLore, Place Matters
- Research share: talk for 10 minutes about what you’re currently working on or a prospective project; get feedback and resources; build bibliography
- Circulate CFPs
- Archive of conferences people have attended
- Share field site reports--where have you gone, what did you notice? Send short blurbs to the listserv.
- Fieldtrips! Mark invited us to attend a local jam session in Gallia County. We are also interested in attending a bean dinner!
- Build an interactive map of cool places in Ohio--what gives place personal meaning for you?
- Develop a new folkloristic approach to the study of place
- Create a blog
- Explore major concepts, movements, and ideas
Please see full meeting minutes here.
If you would like to learn more or become involved with the group, please email Sarah at email@example.com or subscribe to our listserv for updates and announcements.