CFS Core Faculty member, Dr. Dorothy Noyes, Postdoctoral Fellow, Dr. Jasper Waugh-Quasebarth, and former Ohio Field Schooler, Ryann Patrus, lead and participate in a discussion about Bodies in Virtual Space.
How has social distancing affected the practice of the arts and humanities? This Global Arts + Humanities Methods Conversation convenes researchers and practitioners from GAHDT projects to discuss what happens when activities that presuppose bodily co-presence must move to virtual space. We'll consider what is lost, gained, maintained and changed in this transposition. We can no longer take the body for granted: what light does this shed on our methods and practices?
This event will be moderated by GAHDT Faculty Fellows Dorry Noyes (Departments of English and Comparative Studies) and Susan Van Pelt Petry (Department of Dance). Presenters will include GAHDT graduate team fellows, postdoctoral fellows and faculty affiliates.
- Jacklyn Brickman | GAHDT graduate fellow, Department of Art
- Trevor Marcho | GAHDT graduate fellow, School of Music
- Susan Melsop | GAHDT faculty fellow, Department of Design
- Ryann Patrus | Graduate student, Department of Comparative Studies
- Maurice Stevens | Professor, Department of Comparative Studies
- Jasper Waugh-Quasebarth | GAHDT postdoctoral fellow, Ohio Field School - Center for Folklore Studies